Monday, March 28, 2011

Life Happens

Two things that every person has in common, no matter who or where they are is this: we start out as a baby and we all die. What happens in between is life. It's what shapes us. Life happens. Some encounter more challenges and mountains. While others are sheltered and have no idea what is out there.

Parts of our life we can prepare for. Other parts storm in with no warning and take everything and change it. Changing our focus. Changing our view and sometimes even our opinions. Sometimes it's a mix, you start off with it being planned and it changes suddenly or the other way around with it changing suddenly and you start planning for that change.

Life. Pregnancy. Death. Birth. College. Education. Illness. Marriage. Divorce. Handicaps. Accidents. Deteriorating homes and vehicles. Catastrophic events both natural and man made. Careers. Job Loss. It's all part of life.

We dream how life is going to be "perfect" as kids. Sometimes watching it fall apart already. Or soaring towards "infinity and beyond". We dream of what our life will be like as adults, almost rushing through our childhood.

Then comes reality for most of us. Reality crashes down on us, sometimes crushing our dreams or smothering our ambitions. We listen to society around us and wonder why bother. It's then that we need to cling to our dreams most. Push that ambition to the limit or change it's focus. Attitude is key.

We may never accomplish our dreams or life's ambition but realization doesn't mean we can't still work towards mini goals that may someday bring us face to face. I refuse to allow the negativity around me dictate that I'm not worth striving for those goals.

I will succeed. Maybe not the same way that I once thought. I am successful in my own right. I have not let obstacles and challenges take away ME. I am still ME. This is my defiant yell to society, don't judge. You don't know my story... yet. Take this journey and realize that life happens. How we embrace it is what makes us who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment